Wyndham House is proud to celebrate 50 years of service provision in this community. Over these 50 years our services have matured, expanded and we are now a national leader in youth homelessness and prevention service.
If you are in a situation where you need a place to stay for one night or for much longer, Wyndham House is there to help.
Homelessness prevention and emergency services offered by Wyndham House include two 8-bed youth focused Supportive Housing Residences, an Emergency Youth Shelter, an integrated Youth Hub, The New Way Classroom, Housing Stability, Diversion & Rapid Re-housing programs as well as youth community outreach staff.
Wyndham House is an organization that provides young people 16 to 25 with the supports and services needed to overcome challenging times and difficult problems. Wyndham House has a combination of long term and short term residential beds available.
If you don’t need a place to stay but are looking for other supports and services you are welcome to come to our Youth Hub, Youth Resource Centre.
The Youth Hub at 133 Woolwich St. Youth Resource Centre can help you with things such as: getting or replacing I.D.; bus tickets; help with High School registration; transportation to the Food Bank; access to a Nurse Practitioner; food and coffee daily; as well as get you hooked up with a place to shower and/or get your laundry done if you need it.
We have 3 buildings that offer residential programs. All are unique and offer a sense of warmth the minute you walk in the door. Staff are on-site in the programs 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to help you.
Two Supportive Housing Residences
- Some single rooms, some double rooms
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner provided on site
- Shared Kitchen, washrooms, and common spaces
- Laundry facilities (no charge)
- Basic needs provided
- Life skills programs
Youth Emergency Shelter
- Shared rooms
- Shared washrooms, common areas and dining area
- Meals provided on site
- Laundry facilities on site
- Basic needs provided
- Evening optional programming available
Youth from all backgrounds are staying with us. Some are self-referred, some learn about us from friends and some are referred to us by community social services agencies, school guidance counsellors or local health care facilities. Your unique situation and circumstances determine which program option is best for your needs.
Some things to know…
- Should be between 16 and 25 years of age
- You need housing support
- You are willing to make a commitment to actively participate with staff in setting some goals and working towards them.
Your unique needs and circumstances will determine which program (long or short term) will be best for you.
- Show up any day of the week at 18 Norwich St. and talk to staff.
- Come to the Youth Hub, Youth Resource Centre Monday to Friday from 9am to 4:o0pm.
- Call us: contact information
Wyndham House is a non-judgmental place that welcomes youth from all backgrounds. It is also a voluntary program.